Waleed Al Dawood
Waleed Al Dawood is initiator and CEO of Common Sense Consulting. After many successful years in the fields of Shipping, IT and Operations, founding Common Sense Consulting was the logical consequence of his desire to revolutionize the market.
Dr Mohamed Kadhem Al-Mazeedi
DBA in Business Administration with specialization in Global supply Chain Management (2013), Walden University, Baltimore, MD. USA
MSc in maritime Administration (1985), World Maritime University,Malmo, Sweden.
Post Graduate Diploma in Shipping management (1982), University of Wales, Institute of science and technology,Cardiff, Wales (U.K).
B.S in business Administration and Accounting (1981), University of Missouri, Columbia, MO., U.S.A .
- Container Shipping
- Logistics and Supply chain
- Ports and Terminals
Areas of expertise
- Management advisor
- Performance and revenue optimization
- Strategy development
- Lead negotiations
- Planning and budgeting
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Executional certainty and governance
- ERP implementation
Dr. Anil Vitarana
EducationMaster’s Degree in Law ( L.L.M)
PhD in Maritime Law from the University of Southampton, UK
- General Manager of Freight Bureau – Sri Lanka
- General Manager of the Ceylon Shipping Corporation (CSC)
- President of UASC’s US organization UAAI
- Consulting assignments on behalf of UNCTAD
- Consulting assignments on behalf of Commonwealth Secretariat
- Speaker at several maritime conferences in the US and overseas
- Contributor to the American Shipper magazine and other industry periodicals
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Containerization & Intermodal Institute.
IT Director with extensive experience across the shipping business
- Strategy and Business Consultant for Indian Software Company
- Chief Information Officer for United Arab Shipping Company
- Led Implementation of 80M USD IT project in over 60 Countries
- Vice President Global Shared Services for UASC
- Managing Director Safmarine Computer Services
- Part of leadership team to outsource IT functions to IBM
- Board member of INTTRA the Shipping Portal
Rola Al Moheid
Bilingual Human Resources and Talent Management Consultant
EducationMaster’s Degree in Strategic Human Resources Management from University of Wollongong.
Bachelor degree in Occupational and Clinical psychology.
Associate member of CIPD and SHRM.
Assessment and Development Centre Design and Delivery from IHS; Competency Based Interviewing, train the trainer in KPI setting Korn Ferry Hay Group, Aon Hewitt Academy.
- Talent Acquisition & Development
- Leadership Assessment
- Leadership Programs and Succession Planning
- Performance Management
- Policies and JD writing
- HR partnering and HR transformational restructuring
- Leadership programs management
- TNA mapping, KPI setting
- Qualified in Assessment tools recommendation & interpretation (psychometric and non-psychometric)
Common Sense Consulting’s business is a people business. The key characteristics of the way we communicate both internally, within the team and externally, with our partners, clients and stakeholders are quality, timelines, commitment, performance and openness. The people working for Common Sense Consulting are the heart of our value-based corporate culture. They are essential for our success and value of our company. Currently we are guiding, directly and indirectly via our partners, a number of top-ranking companies. Our methods are innovative and pioneering, and our success rate is exceptionally high.